- Kollaborate Server can now be installed via Docker. The next update will be Linux-only so Docker will then be the only way to install on macOS / Windows. Existing installations on macOS / Windows can continue using this version but will need to switch to Docker for the next version. We recommend new installations on macOS / Windows use Docker.
To switch an existing installation to Docker, use a database tool like phpMyAdmin or Sequel Pro to export your existing database. Follow the steps for Docker configuration in the installation guide, then use your database tool to delete all tables in the database and then restore the backup you created earlier. If the versions don't match, you may need to visit http://[your site].com/upgrade to upgrade the database afterwards.
Note: the Docker scripts don't currently setup SSL or email sending - these still need to be manually configured. Please see the installation guide for more details on this.
- You can now specify a UUID for a server from the Servers page in the Admin Area. This allows Kollaborate Server to identify the encoder in situations where it cannot from the IP address alone - e.g. if you have a complex network setup or you're running more than one encoder on a single IP. The UUID can be any value but it's best to create one with the uuidgen command-line tool. Remember to also add the UUID on in the encoder's config file.
Changes in 3.0.1 build 3011
- Fixes several issues with the Docker scripts. To upgrade from build 3010, backup the html/config folder to a safe place, overwrite all files from version 3010 with the newer update, then copy the config folder back again. Now type docker-compose build followed by docker-compose up -d. Then visit [your URL]/upgrade to update the database version.
- Moved the websocket server to its own separate Docker container for improved reliability
- The installer now detects when it's running on Docker and disables steps that are unnecessary for Docker installations
Changes in 3.0.1
- You can now choose to hide others' comments when creating a link or when editing permissions for a team member. This means the person can only view comments they made and replies to those comments.
- File pinning - Pinning a file or folder makes sure it always displays at the top of the Files page, regardless of how files are sorted. This can be useful to highlight important files to your team.
- You can now manually mark a file as viewed or unviewed by you.
- Advanced Search now populates your current search when you go back to it, so it can be edited or tweaked.
Additionally, we've added new criteria for you to search against: Tag Value, Is Pinned, Version Title, Status Text, File Workflow, Color, Is Alias, Viewed by Me.
- SVG logos - You can now upload your company logo as an SVG. Vector SVGs are now our recommended logo format to ensure your logo always looks crisp regardless of screen size or DPI.
- Tasks - Descriptions are now optional and tasks no longer have to have a due date.
- HQ encoding beta - This allows you to deliver higher-quality proxies at a lower file size, at the expense of very old devices (>8 years). This is opt-in on a per-user basis by visiting http://[your site]/beta .
- Various minor UI tweaks and other optimizations