(818) 308-4607 Los Angeles, CA
Maintain, optimize and troubleshoot your NLE
Professional cloud workflow platform
Simplified media management
We're pleased to announce the availability of Cut Notes 1.2 for iPad. We've listened to your feedback and this version adds much-requested Adobe Premiere Pro sync support. This is achieved through a downloadable plugin for Premiere Pro CS 6.0.2 or higher for Mac.
To get it setup, follow these steps:
1. Download the Cut Notes Adobe Plugin located on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Make sure all Adobe apps are closed.
3. Run the installer to install the plugin.
4. In Finder, launch Audio MIDI Setup in the Utilities folder under Applications. Go to Window > Show MIDI Window and then double-click the icon marked Network.
5. Click the + button under My Sessions and name the new session Cut Notes. Tick the box next to it to enable it. Under "Who may connect to me" at the bottom, set it to Anyone. In the Bonjour Name field, enter the name of your computer if it is not already set.
6. Now launch Cut Notes on your iPad and tap the Sync button. The name of your iPad should appear in the Audio MIDI Setup window on your Mac in the Directory list. Select it and click Connect. It should then appear under Participants on the right-hand side. You will need to repeat this step whenever you launch Cut Notes.
7. Relaunch Premiere Pro.
8. Go to Premiere Pro > Preferences > Playback and tick the box next to Cut Notes.
9. Scrub the timeline and the timecode should appear in Cut Notes.
Note: the playback buttons in Cut Notes do not control playback in Adobe Premiere.
The plugin will also work with Adobe Encore for Mac and we are planning a Windows version in the future.
Cut Notes 1.2 also includes several crash and bug fixes. The full changelog is available here.
We're keen to hear your feedback on the new sync mode. You can use the feedback link within Cut Notes itself or file bug and feature requests through our support site.