< Blog Home
Kollaborate Server 3.0.2 pre-release available with improved Docker integration
We've now got a pre-release version of our self-hosted workflow platform, Kollaborate Server 3.0.2, with significant improvements to the Docker scripts. We've tested it internally but need some extra feedback on how the Docker scripts work in certain environments.
- Environment variables have been moved to a separate config.env file to make future updates simpler
- LetsEncrypt integration allows you to easily setup SSL encryption
- A proxy is now used to route HTTP and Websocket data to the correct services, increasing the compatibility of Synced Sessions with certain firewalls / network configurations
- Kollaborate Server now has a local mail server for sending emails directly from the server, although you'll still need to setup things like SPF, DMARC, reverse DNS records, etc, at the domain level in order for emails to get past spam filters.
- Improved performance when macOS is the host OS
- Fixed an issue where special characters may not display correctly
- Fixed an issue where thumbnails may not display
- Deleted files and projects can now be restored for up to 30 days, up from 14
- Deleted file events now appear on the History page for a project (only project admins can see this)
- You can customize the port that the websocket server listens on and allow Kollaborate to connect to it over web ports (80 or 443) if it's running through a proxy. Connecting through standard web ports increases compatibility with firewall and network configurations. (Note: our apps currently assume the websocket port is always 8000; we will be releasing updated versions of our apps shortly that respect the new settings.)
- Fixed an issue where folder link recipients couldn't view comments in certain situations
- Various minor backend tweaks
See the release notes and setup guide for information on installing from scratch or upgrading from a previous version.
Kollaborate is an essential cloud workflow platform that allows you to share files with clients and team members while integrating with Digital Rebellion apps and services. Kollaborate Server allows you to host the platform in-house on your own servers and storage. To find out more, see the Kollaborate Server overview or register for the free cloud trial (Server trials are available on request).